Who are Landsec and what do we do?
(Collette O’Shea – Managing Director)
Landsec is the UK’s largest listed commercial real estate company. Our £14.5 billion portfolio totals 23.6 million sq ft and includes some of London’s most desirable office buildings and the UK’s most successful shopping and leisure destinations.
How Landsec will help students at the UTC
We will provide UTC students with a unique introduction to the property and construction industry with a range a business challenges supported by Land Securities staff as well as visits to sites in and around London. Students will have the chance to take part in our Combined Work Placements. We will also provide details about forthcoming job opportunities and our Trainee Academy.
Aged 16 (post GCSE)
- Work experience opportunities
- We can put students in touch with our service partners and contractors
Aged 18+ (post sixth form)
- The Landsec’ Academy develops the most gifted and focused school leavers to become home grown talent within our business.
- This scheme offers specific vocational training alongside the opportunity to obtain a formal qualification to support with professional development.
- Whilst the primary focus of the programme will initially be working within the operational side of our business, trainees will be given an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to all key areas of the Landsec business including areas such as Asset Management, Health and Safety, Finance, Marketing and Human Resources.
- We aim to work with the trainees to assist them in securing a permanent role with us following the programme.
- To apply for the Trainee Academy you need the following qualifications: 2 A Levels grade A – E or equivalent (or predicted), plus 8 GCSEs grade A* – C including Maths and English, and a passion and interest in the property industry
Did you know?
- We aim to work with our trainees to assist them in securing a permanent role with Landsec following the programme. We currently have eight trainees from the programme who have secured permanent jobs.
- We were the first FTSE 100 company to have a female chairman.
- We offer all female staff the chance to have a senior member of staff as a mentor to help with their career development
Visit their website