With high quality GCSEs, industry experience, an understanding of the opportunities for a career in transport engineering and construction and a CV that already shows project management skills, team working and resilience, students will be able to make well informed decisions about the next steps.
Staff at Sir Simon Milton Westminster UTC will support students throughout their time at the UTC in making the right decision for their strengths and interests.
• Stay on into the sixth form, extending and deepening studies of STEM subjects.
• Follow one of the many courses at level 2 or level 3 at City of Westminster College.
• Apply for an ‘intermediate apprenticeship’ or ‘advanced apprenticeship’.
• University. The UTC will support students at every stage of the application process.
• UTC students are guaranteed a place at the University of Westminster if they meet their conditions of offer for the specific course.
• If affording university may be difficult, students can apply for the Sir Simon Milton Foundation scholarship. For more information, please check their website here.
• Higher apprenticeships.
• Employment in the transport and construction sectors.
Our employer partners have committed, subject to satisfactory completion of their course of study coupled with high attendance and effort, that students can expect to gain job interviews or places on assessment centres for appropriate opportunities. Furthermore, employers will work with the students during their time at the UTC to ensure they are well placed to take advantage of these opportunities.